23.2.09

Ella is a BIG GRADUATE!

Ella is a BIG GRADUATE! We went to the orthotist last week and he didn't have much positive to say about Ella growing anymore. He suggested we get a second look and maybe an x-ray to see if her head would do any more correcting. I have taken pictures along the journey and hadn't seen anything happening in over a month. She was definitely starting to get really stuffed in there and wasn't herself. Quite crabby. Daddy went away for the weekend and I thought I'd give it a go, without. Test it out, to see just how she reacted. Wow, a different person!!! So much happier! So when Daddy got home, we had a talk. Deciding to go get an x-ray or letting it go was hard, but the orthotist confirmed what we had already been thinking for a month. So her graduation date was 2.21.09! She wore it for just shy of 4 months. 10.24.08-2.21.09 This is a lot longer than a younger child would have to wear it, but is way over the limit of age they say it will work for. I of course expected it to be perfect when done, but that is not usually possible in a older child. I am mostly happy with the results, but being her mother, obviously wished for more. I will love her no matter what and am so proud of her! She was such a trooper through this whole thing! Congrats Ella!!!

11.4.08~Very flat on the right back and bulging sides. Had a
slight bulge in the forehead too, but went away nicely!














2.22.08~Still a very slight flat spot and slight bulging
on the sides.














2 comments:

Tracy said...

She's perfect!!! What a little trooper! Good job mamma

Audrey (the Hepburn House) said...

yay! congratulations to the little graduate